Sunday, November 18, 2007

House of M

Two days ago, my wife discovered a mouse--oops, I mean an "M". So we rushed to Walmart and got the latest electronic trap, which cost about $20, and a two pack of the cheaper kind--you know, the plastic cylinders you wind up and lock into place. After putting peanut butter and cheese in the traps, I set them in what I thought would be strategic places (in other words, close to where Bomina spotted the tiny beast) and thought the pest would be eliminated. Turns out I may have been wrong. Two days later, the traps still sit there untouched. And Bomina's strategy didn't work.
You see, when I first said the "M" word (_ouse) Bomina responded "Don't say that! It might hear you." (I am not making this up.) So I tried my best not to laugh, and played along. Never understimate the power of small rodents. After all, even the walls have ears.
Perhaps we were too late, and the fact that I said the "M" word alerted the critter to our attempts to slay it. Or maybe it has a sixth sense and can even read our minds. Whatever the case, it proved to be very elusive indeed. I welcome any advice on how to get rid of the dreaded--dare I say it--"M"!

No comments: