Monday, December 10, 2007

Cult of the Sell Phone

I am sad to report that my wife and I will soon be joining the cult of the sell--oops, I mean cell--phones. She has conviced me that it would be better to switch from using a house phone to a cell so people can get in touch with us easier. Somehow, the idea of having a cell produces images of things like a ball and chain or an albatross hanging from one's neck. On the plus side, I won't have to worry about missing any important calls. The negative side is I will have to worry about not missing the unimportant ones. Oh well--like anything else in life--it's a tradeoff. And if you believe that one, I've got a bridge to cell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is an Albatross. Once you have one, you'll never have a moment's peace again.

Anonymous said...

i dont know about u, but i have to have a cell phone. Even if no one calls me all day, it still feels good to know i can call anyone, at anytime.
just think if your driving down the interstate, and slide on some black ice and end up in the ditch. I would rather pull out my handy cellphone and call for help in my warm car, than walking out in the snow to your nearest farm house. lol
Overall i think they're a good idea. its just annnnnother way the world is becoming more connected.
o.. and when u get those unimportant calls, just let it ring, they'll never know you wern't sleepin.. lol